THE ZRINSKI OLD TOWN WITH ST. NICHOLAS CHURCH
Emerged int he Middle Age as a small Frankopan fortification next to St. Nicholas' Chapel. In 1651. Count Petar Zrinski expanded it, making it today a majestic building with two atria, including the church and the city administration, library and other facilities. The church was rebuilt in the late 18th century. Both the altarpiece of St. Nicholas and the building are declared national cultural assets.
THE „NOVA KRALJEVICA“ FRANKOPAN CASTLE
Was built int he mid 17th century as a late renaissance lavishly decorated residential palace with rectangular plan and four corner towers. After the arrest of its builders, Count Petar Zrinski and Prince Fran Krsto Frankopan, the castle was devastated and used for various purpose. It re-flourished in the late 19th century with the arrival oft he Jesuits who added the second floor and adorned the towers with parapets. After many ravages of war and inappropiate purposes, today it keeps being renewed as a multifunctional cultural center.
ST. NICHOLAS MONUMENT
Work oft he academic sculptor Josip Diminić has been placed on a temporary location on St. Nicholas Day, 12th December 2008 until the construction of the new town square, when it will be given its final position. St. Nicholas is the patron saint oft he town on his day a pilgrimage of sailors with solemn holy mass traditionally organized.
SHORE TUNA TOWERS
Imply traditional system of tuna hunting throught the centuries. It consists of nets, outlooks, small ports and covered and closed supporting spaces. They could be found in bays along the coast oft he town. So far, only the most famous ones, the shore tuna tower in Bakarac have been restored as a protected ethnological monument.
THE SHIPYARD AND THE PORT
Were established by the edict oft he Austrian Emperor Charles VI on 28th April 1729 and the shipyard has been successfully working with continuity ever since. Many large military and commercial sailing ships were built here, and the construction of the first steamships came in the first half oft he 19th century. In the early 20th century the shipyard began to steel ships, so a loto of valuable vessels for various purposes have been built so far. Today, with only local interest, the port has lost its former importance. The coastline has mostly retained its original shape.
THE LIBURNIA HOTEL
Was built in 1904 in the flourish of health tourism in Kraljevica. During the First World War it was converted into a hospital specializing for many years in bone tuberculosis and later for orthopedics. Today, is about to be redecorated to its original purpose.
THE NIRVANA VILLA
Was built in 1904 in the late 19th century on the foundations of an Austrian fortress that controlled the entrance to the Bay of Bakar. Today, it is a rehabilitation center.
THE OŠTRO PENINSULA
Is a gentle wooded area protected from strong winds, so that the first seaside resort was opened there already in 1891. In 1894 and 1896 it received important international recognition. A new larger seaside resort with acompanying sports facilities was built int he twenties oft he 20th century. Today, there is a camp next to the beach.
THE GRADAC ARHAEOLOGICAL SITE
THE KRK BRIDGE
Was built in 1980. It consists of two concrete arches connecting the island of Krk to the mainland over the isle of St. Mark. The major arch is 390 metres long and at the time of construction it was the largest arched bridge in the world. The total lenght of the bridge, including access roads, is 1430 metres. It has been recorded that strong wind bura hits up to 220 km/h on the bridge.